Terms and Conditions
- Agreements will be set up between the Hirer and the Music Agent, not between the Hirer and the Performer(s).
- Descriptions of the Performers found on this website and on booking forms do not contain the official Artist Names. The Music Agent shall inform the Hirer of the Artist Name after the relevant Booking Form has been signed and returned, in case the Hirer wants to use it in promotional materials.
To confirm a Booking, the Hirer needs to:
- sign and return a Booking Form by the date until which the Artist’s availability is guaranteed;
- pay the Music Agent a non-refundable Deposit (a percentage of the total fee). The Deposit must be paid via BACS transfer or by cheque.
The timing of the payment of the Deposit may affect the Booking in that:
- receipt of the Deposit before the signed Booking Form will be taken to mean that the Hirer agrees to the Terms and Conditions on the Form;
receipt of the Deposit later than the date on the invoice may result in the Performer(s) becoming unavailable, and will entitle the Music Agent to:
- i. book alternative Performer(s) at the same fee;
- ii. cancel the Booking if no alternative Performer(s) can be found.
- The Hirer needs to pay the Balance two weeks before the performance date(s). As with the Deposit, the Balance must be paid to the Music Agent via BACS transfer or by cheque.
- If a Hirer cancels a Booking or any part thereof, the Booking Form will stipulate how much of the Balance will remain payable, if any. The percentage depends on how long before the performance date(s) the cancellation is received.
- The Hirer takes full responsibility for ensuring that any necessary licences are in place at the Venue for performing live music, and that any volume restrictions are specified in the booking form. The Hirer understands that if the Performer(s) is / are instructed by the Hirer, the Venue manager, staff, police, the local council or any member of the public to cease playing, or to play at a lower volume than agreed, they will cease their performance. The Hirer agrees that 100% of the remaining balance shall remain payable to the Performer(s) in this case.
The Booking Form will stipulate if the Performer(s) need to take into account any of the following when planning their repertoire, appearance and volume:
- dress code;
- noise limits;
- age of the audience;
- religious / historical significance of the venue;
- favourite numbers of the host(s);
- numbers to avoid.
The Booking Form will also stipulate what provisions for the Performer(s) the Hirer will need to make. These usually include:
- parking or loading space within 50 yards of the venue entrance, with any necessary permit tickets free of charge;
- if parking for the duration of the engagement is not possible within 50 yards of the venue entrance, alternative parking space within a quarter of a mile from the venue, with no charge to the Performer(s);
- a suitable indoor space to change clothes discreetly;
- a minimum size of the performance space;
- access to mains electricity or a generator for amplification;
- food and drinks.
In case of outdoor performances, the Booking Form will stipulate what additional provisions for the Performer(s) the Hirer will need to make. These include:
- adequate shelter against strong sun or wind, and against rain, snow, sleet or hail;
- a firm, even surface (not grass, soil or gravel);
heating in case the outside temperature falls below 13 degrees C.
The Hirer understands that all of the above are essential for the safety of the Performer(s) and their equipment, and that failure to make all the essential provisions will entitle the Performer(s) to cease the performance or refrain from starting it.
The Hirer agrees that 100% of the remaining balance shall remain payable to the Performer(s) in this case.
- Liability of the Music Agent in case the Performer(s) should arrive too late for the performance or fail entirely to perform because of circumstances outside the Music Agent’s control, is limited to the agreed performance fee only.
- The Hirer shall send the Music Agent electronic copies of any professional photo or video footage of the Artist taken at the event on behalf of the Hirer. These files are to be supplied within 1 month after the performance.
- Regarding further bookings of a certain Artist, it is generally understood to be good practice to approach the Music Agent, and not the Artist directly.